Anaheim Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Anaheim’s beautiful weather year-round makes it a great place to ride motorcycles. Unfortunately, motorcycle crashes can happen to even the safest of riders.
If you’ve been involved in an Anaheim motorcycle accident, you might find that your life has been turned upside down. At Katella Injury Attorneys, we are here to help you navigate the difficult challenges that come with a motorcycle accident. You may be entitled to compensation, and our legal team can help you get the results you deserve. An Anaheim motorcycle accident attorney can help motorcycle accident victims navigate the ups and downs of dealing with insurance companies.
Our thoughtful and supportive team is here to assist you during this time. We know that motorcycle accidents cause stress to both you and your loved ones. Getting the financial compensation you are entitled to can make the process of filing a lawsuit a little bit easier.CALL NOW
Why Katella Injury Attorneys?
If you’re looking for an Anaheim motorcycle accident attorney, Katella Injury Attorneys is here to help. The days and weeks after a motorcycle crash can be very overwhelming, especially if you have experienced a serious injury. It’s important to have someone on your side that can advocate for you during this time.
Our award-winning Anaheim motorcycle accident lawyers are available 24/7. We know how important it is to find counsel quickly after a serious accident. We offer free consultations before starting your Anaheim motorcycle accident claim to ensure that our law firm is the right fit. We also connect our clients with some of the top medical providers in the Anaheim area and throughout Orange County to get the appropriate treatment for their motorcycle-related injuries.
We offer a contingency payment structure and can work with you to accommodate your financial needs. Collectively, our team has years of experience working on motorcycle accident cases and we are proud to have a very high success rate.
Benefits of Hiring a Motorcycle Injury Attorney
After you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, it can be tempting to handle everything on your own. Many people think that filing an insurance claim and getting the compensation they need from an insurance company will be a straightforward process that they can take care of themselves, but things can get complicated quickly.
However, having a dedicated expert by your side makes the entire process simpler and makes it more likely that you will get the compensation you deserve. In addition to filing a personal injury claim, your lawyer can also help you deal with the insurance companies. Insurance adjusters will often try to find ways to get out of paying motorcycle accident benefits. Your attorney can handle communications with your insurance company and advocate for an appropriate payout.
The initial process of filing a claim requires you to collect evidence and fill out a large amount of paperwork, which an Anaheim motorcycle accident attorney can help you with. They will handle communication with the court, witnesses, and the other parties involved in the accident for the entirety of the case, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries. Your attorney will also help you negotiate for a higher settlement if it is appropriate for your case.
It’s important to get in touch with an Anaheim motorcycle accident lawyer as quickly as possible after the accident happens. This is because the statute of limitations for motorcycle accidents in California is only two years in most cases. By getting your case started quickly, your chances of success will be higher.
How Much a Motorcycle Accident Claim Is Worth
Many people underestimate how much they are entitled to after a motorcycle accident. There are a variety of factors that affect the total settlement amount that you will receive, as well as your insurance payout amount. Every case is different, and your attorney will need to consider all of the facts before estimating how much your case is worth.
The average motorcycle injury settlement is approximately $73,700. However, motorcycle accident claims and their value can vary widely depending on your individual case. There are small claims settlements that are less than $20,000, and there are also large settlements for very serious injuries that are worth over $500,000 or even $1 million.
One of the key factors the court will consider during your settlement is the type and severity of your injuries. Particularly severe injuries or injuries that cause permanent damage often come with a higher settlement amount. Emotional damage is also factored into the total settlement amount. Wrongful death verdicts for motorcycle accidents typically command the highest settlement amounts.
Additionally, the court will consider the impact that the accident has on your finances. For example, they will consider your existing medical bills relating to the accident, as well as future medical expenses. These include follow-up appointments, physical therapy, and mental health treatment related to the accident. If you have to take time off from work, the court will also factor in any lost wages. Finally, they will consider the cost of repairing your motorcycle and any other property damage related to the accident.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Unfortunately, accidents are much more common for motorcycle riders than they are for automobile passengers. A motorcycle rider is 27 times more likely to die in a crash than an auto passenger is in a car accident, which is why it’s so important to be alert on the road. Here are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Anaheim.
- Many motorcycle accidents happen simply because drivers do not see the motorcyclist and run into them. This is most common when drivers are making left turns or changing lanes.
- Reckless riding or driving is another major cause of motorcycle accidents. Both cyclists and drivers can cause accidents by speeding or otherwise failing to follow the rules of the road.
- Using substances like alcohol or marijuana can also affect a person’s ability to ride a motorcycle, which can result in accidents.
- Road conditions can also result in motorcycle accidents. Potholes, loose gravel, large puddles, or even road construction can all throw off a cyclist and result in an accident.
Determining Liability in an Accident
During a motorcycle accident lawsuit, both the court and the insurance companies involved will need to determine who was at fault and where liability applies. In order for a lawsuit to be successful, you will need to prove that the other party was liable, which can be very difficult. This is why it is so important to have a knowledgeable and experienced attorney by your side for your motorcycle accident in Anaheim, CA.
Determining fault in motorcycle accidents can be very challenging because they happen so fast and there aren’t always witness accounts to rely on. It is possible for both parties to be at fault in an accident, in which case comparative negligence rules will apply. When this happens, the court will determine how the fault is distributed and how much each party owes.
There are four main elements of proving negligence in a motorcycle accident. The first step is to prove that the other party had a duty of care when the accident happened. All drivers and motorcycle riders have a duty of care to others when they are out on the road. This means that they are responsible for driving in a way that will not harm others.
Next, you will need to prove that the other party breached that duty of care. This typically happens when the other party either drove carelessly or actively broke the law, like driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
The next step is proving causation. This means you need to prove that the other driver was the cause of your motorcycle accident. Finally, you will need to prove damages. This means that you will need to prove that you were injured, suffered damaged property, or were otherwise harmed by your motorcycle accident.
Riding a motorcycle is inherently risky and being in an accident often results in severe injuries. Here are some of the most common injuries that can happen as a result of a crash.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are some of the most common motorcycle injuries, and they typically result from a direct impact on the head.
- Broken bones often happen as a result of motorcycle injuries, with broken ribs being particularly common. This can also lead to internal bleeding and organ damage.
- Whiplash and spinal injuries are also very common and can happen as a result of rotating too quickly or being knocked in the opposite direction from where you were traveling.
- Cuts, scrapes, and external bleeding can happen if the rider makes contact with the road, another car, or flying objects.
What to Do After an Accident
After a motorcycle accident, you will likely be feeling disoriented, and you also may be experiencing a lot of pain. Here’s what to do immediately after the accident.
- Call 911 or have someone nearby call 911 for you. If you are injured, it is important to seek immediate medical treatment as soon as possible. Even if you are not injured, you will still need to report the accident to the police.
- Move off to the side of the road if possible.
- If you’re feeling up to it, get contact information from other drivers involved as well as any witnesses. Do not admit fault under any circumstances.
- If you have a phone with a working camera, take pictures to document the scene of the accident.
- In the days following the accident, write down a personal account of what happened in as much detail as possible. Get a copy of the police report as well as any relevant medical documents.
- See a doctor and check for injuries. Even if you believe you are not harmed, only a qualified physician can determine this.
- Reach out to an Anaheim motorcycle accident lawyer for help filing a lawsuit and insurance claim.
Schedule a free consultation with our experienced Anaheim motorcycle accident attorneys today. We have successfully represented thousands of motorcycle riders in Anaheim, and we are ready to help you as well. We are here to provide you as much legal relief as possible. Trust us with the process and we assure that you won't have to suffer from the negligent actions of another motorcycle driver anymore.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident in Anaheim, don’t wait to find a lawyer. Contact Katella Injury Attorneys today to see how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.