Anaheim Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyer
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have made it easier than ever to get around without your own car. These rideshare services have become extremely popular in the Anaheim area, and they are also a very popular way for people to make a bit of extra money.
Most rideshare drivers use safe driving practices and follow the rules of the road, but there are some careless Lyft or Uber drivers that slip through the cracks. If you’ve been injured in a crash with a ridesharing vehicle, you may be entitled to compensation. Katella Injury Attorneys is a leading rideshare accident law firm in Anaheim and Orange County. We can help you file a lawsuit if you have been hurt by an Uber or Lyft in an accident.CALL NOW
Why Katella Injury Attorneys?
Katella Injury Attorneys has years of experience in personal injury cases, including cases related to rideshare accidents. We are well-versed in the unique laws surrounding ridesharing services in California and will help you build the strongest case possible. Our award-winning Anaheim rideshare accident lawyers have an excellent success rate and will help your case run as smoothly as possible.
We know that this is a stressful time, so we are available 24/7 to help you with case-related emergencies. Our team can also connect you with some of the best medical providers in the Anaheim area should you need additional care. Furthermore, we'll handle all negotiations with the liable party's insurance company. We want this whole process to be as less stressful as possible for you.
To accommodate our clients’ financial needs, our personal injury attorneys work on a contingency payment structure. This means that you won't pay any fees upfront, but will instead pay an agreed percentage of your settlement after the case is complete. We also offer free consultations to ensure that we are a good fit for your needs before getting started. Our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers are committed to providing a stress-free experience so that you can focus on healing during this difficult time.
Benefits of Hiring an Anaheim Rideshare Accident Attorney
Rideshare accidents can be very complex, which is why it’s so important to hire an Anaheim Uber accident lawyer. The process of filing a lawsuit can be stressful and time-consuming, especially when you’re recovering from your injury. Your attorney will serve as your advocate throughout the entire case.
Your attorney will help you file your initial lawsuit and handle paperwork throughout the entire process. They will also communicate with the other parties involved on your behalf, including the defendant, the rideshare company, and any insurance companies involved. Insurance companies often look for ways to minimize the amount of money they need to pay you, which is why it’s so helpful to have an attorney on your side to advocate for you.
Throughout the litigation process, your attorney will work to negotiate the highest possible settlement for you. They will also be available to answer any questions you have during the process and will help to keep you informed.
How Much A Rideshare Accident Claim Is Worth
The settlement amount for a rideshare accident is going to vary widely depending on the specifics of the situation. Minor injuries could be worth less than $20,000, while serious injuries could easily exceed $50,000 for a claim.
Uber and Lyft both provide basic insurance coverage to their drivers, both when the Uber or Lyft driver is actively transporting a passenger and when the driver is waiting for trips. This can cover injuries to passengers who are riding in the car as well pedestrians or cyclists hit by an Uber driver. However, damages can quickly exceed these insurance amounts, especially in very serious accidents.
There are a variety of factors that the court will consider when assessing damages in a rideshare accident claim. Your Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Anaheim will help you negotiate for the highest settlement possible given your circumstances.
One of the biggest factors the court will consider when evaluating claims is the amount of physical pain the injury caused and the degree to which the injury will continue to affect your life moving forward. They will also consider the amount of mental and emotional stress the injury has caused.
Additionally, they will consider the financial repercussions of the accident. The court will assess your current and future medical bills, any lost wages, and any property damage resulting from the accident.
Common Causes of Accidents
Accidents involving an Uber or Lyft driver can have many underlying factors. The same factors that cause car accidents can also cause Uber accidents. Many rideshare accidents happen because drivers are speeding or not following the rules of the road.
Distracted driving is another major cause of rideshare accidents. In order to use Uber and Lyft, you will need to use your smartphone. This means that the Uber or Lyft driver will occasionally have to look away from the road to accept a ride or look at the navigation system, which could result in a crash. Conversations with passengers could also be a distraction and result in an accident.
Additionally, many rideshare drivers work long hours, which often have them feeling tired and drowsy behind the wheel. Driving while fatigued can cause accidents. Pure inexperience is another major cause of ridesharing accidents. Many young people start driving for these services as a way to make extra money, even when they do not have much driving experience themselves.
Determining Liability In A Rideshare Accident
Determining liability in a rideshare accident can be complex. Fault isn’t always black-and-white in a car accident, especially when there are multiple parties involved. There are even ridesharing accidents that result in a comparative negligence verdict. Comparative negligence happens when multiple parties are each partially at fault for the accident. In this situation, each party pays damages that are proportional to their level of fault in the accident.
Right now, Uber and Lyft drivers are seen as third-party contractors rather than employees. This means that the rideshare companies themselves are not liable for accidents. This means the driver is held liable individually.
There are four components of proving negligence in any personal injury case. The first step is determining that the defendant had a duty of care to the plaintiff at the time of the accident. Drivers always have a duty of care to their passengers, other drivers, bikers, and pedestrians while on the road, so this is easy to establish in rideshare cases.
In order to be held liable, the defendant must have breached that duty of care. In rideshare cases, this could happen when the driver drives above the speed limit, drives distracted, or breaks the rules of the road in another way. Next, the court will need to determine whether that breach of care caused the accident. Finally, they will assess the damages from the accident and determine how much the defendant owes.
Rideshare accidents can result in serious catastrophic injuries. Here are some of the most common injuries that result from Uber and Lyft accidents.
- Head, neck, and back injuries. These parts of the body are most likely to be affected by a rideshare accident. Many people involved in these accidents experience concussions, broken bones, slipped discs, and more.
- Whiplash. This is a very common injury in rideshare accidents. Things move so quickly in the car and can push the body in ways it isn’t designed to move, causing deep muscle strain.
- Bruises and cuts. Things can quickly go flying during a car accident. This can result in severe impact that leaves bruises and cuts and can even break bones.
- Brain injuries. If you hit your head during a car crash, it could result in much more than just a concussion. Direct impact to the head can result in severe traumatic brain injuries that have long-lasting effects.
- Paralysis. In very severe cases, the impact from a car accident can damage your spinal cord so severely that it results in paralysis.
- Damage to internal organs. The impact from a vehicle accident can cause damage to internal organs and even internal bleeding. While this might not be externally visible, it can cause long-term damage to your health.
- PTSD. A severe car accident can damage your mental health as well as your physical health. Post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health issues can have a long-lasting effect on your health.
What to Do After an Accident
The moments after an Uber or Lyft accident can be very stressful. Here are some steps you should take directly after a rideshare accident happens.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you might be hurt, it’s still very important to be seen by a medical professional. Many people don’t realize they are injured until some time has passed. Call 911 right after the accident happens to make sure that everyone involved gets the medical care they need. Always seek medical treatment as soon as possible after a car accident of any kind.
- Document the accident. If you have your smartphone with you, take photos and videos. When you return home, write down your memory of the accident in as much detail as possible.
- Get important contact information. Make sure to get information on the liable driver's insurance company and their contact info, as well as those of any other party involved.
- Get a copy of the official police report. You will need this later on in your case.
- Report the accident to the rideshare company and any relevant insurance companies. This should happen as soon as possible.
- Find a rideshare accident lawyer in Anaheim. Rideshare cases are complex, so you’ll need legal counsel on your side.
Accidents involving Lyft or Uber drivers can be a strenuous process. We know that rideshare accidents can be stressful, but you don’t have to go it alone. If you’ve been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident in Anaheim, contact our personal injury law firm today. We’re here to help you navigate the ins and outs of a rideshare lawsuit and get the compensation you deserve. Schedule your free consultation right now.